Why become a USIC member?
- Integration with USIC – Opt to sync to any of the 5 USIC Google Calendars. These include Education, Sports Welfare, Events. Receive a weekly bulletin which includes upcoming events, announcements and a entry by a USIC member.
- Discounts: need we say more? – We don’t charge for our events often, but when we do, you’ll get a discount! This includes the most exciting event of the USIC year, Spring Camp!
- Hoodies: because everyone needs some USIC swag – Buy your very own personalised USIC hoody. We will let you know when they are available to buy in shaa Allah.
The following discounts are available to all those with a valid USIC Membership card at point of sale for the academic year 2018/19:
- 25% off at Scent Salim
- 15% off at Wrapchic
- 10% off at Kebabish Grill
- 10% off at Unit Sheffield
- 10% off full chicken, chicken leg and exclusive promotions at Yafai & Sons Ltd. International Food
- 10% off at Jannat
How much does it cost and how do I become a member?
To become a member of USIC, you will have to make a membership payment of £10. This payment will give you membership for one year. To join, simply turn up to our next event and a committee member should be able to sign you on. Please bring along your £10 Membership fee so we can sign you up to our perks!
Sign up to become a usic member through the following link:
How long does Membership last? Membership lasts for one year giving you exclusive membership perks.
Will I have to renew Membership every year? Yes but we will inform you when you need to renew your membership, most likely contact you through email at the beginning of next year.
I am not a undergraduate student, can I become a member? Yes, absolutely! All students of The University of Sheffield are welcome to join. We look forward to seeing you at our next event. Just ask, and we will be glad to sign you on.
I did sign up to join USIC but never paid my Membership fee, am I a Member? In order to become a USIC Member you will be required to pay the £10 Membership fee. All perks such as the Membership card are separate to the Membership fee as the fee you pay is solely for Membership of the USIC society. Nevertheless you are still welcomed to come to our events and we would be glad to have you.
Where does my £10 Membership fee go? USIC operates similar to most charities as we do not pay our committee members and all revenue which is generated goes towards the activities and work we do. The majority of our funding goes towards financing the cost of inviting lecturers to hold talks on campus, organising fun activities and socials as well as residential trips such as spring camp!
I am not a Muslim, can I become a member? Yes, absolutely! You do not have to be a Muslim to be a member of our super fun society. We look forward to seeing you on our next event and we will be glad to sign you on.